CALL FOR RESEARCH ABSTRACTS
WMS Annual Meeting & Wilderness Medicine Conference
August 3–8, 2018
Abstract Submission Deadline is March 30, 2018
Late submissions will not be considered.
- The abstracts will focus on recent research covering the entire spectrum of wilderness medicine.
- Accepted abstracts will be presented as posters at the meeting, with a selection chosen for oral presentations.
- One oral presentation will be selected for the 2018 WMS Outstanding Research Presentation Award ($500 award).
- All accepted abstracts will be considered for publication in the WMS journal, Wilderness & Environmental Medicine.
- Abstract presenters will receive free registration for the day of presentation.
- Notification of acceptance will be sent to the principal author after May 4, 2018.
- Abstracts will be scored as per this scoring system, modified with permission from The Society for Academic Emergency Medicine (SAEM).
Instructions for Abstract Preparation:
- The body of the abstract should be no more than 300 words. The body of the abstract will be pasted directly into the submission site.
- Do not include references, illustrations, tables, or figures.
- Abstracts should be divided into these sections: Introduction/Background, Objective, Methods, Results, Conclusions.
- List authors’ full names with middle initial(s) (if using) and degree(s), as prompted by the submission site. List degree(s) after last name in the last name field. Important: You must enter the names of all authors in the order in which you wish them to appear in the printed text, should your abstract be accepted. The author list must include the person submitting the abstract (if they are an author on the abstract).
- Be sure to mark which author will be the presenter should the abstract be accepted for presentation by ticking the “Presenting” box beside that author’s name.
- List authors’ affiliations, as prompted by the submission site.
- Include any funding sources and/or disclosures, as prompted by the submission site. If the funding source is a WMS grant, please include the name of the grant and the year received.
CLICK HERE to submit an abstract. This will take you away from WMS.org and to our abstract submission system. You must register with this system in order to submit an abstract.
For questions or more information, please contact Alicia Byrne at email@example.com.